Women face multiple transitions through life – divorce, having children, stepping out of the workforce to raise a family, returning to work after children are grown, losing a spouse to terminal illness or tragedy, betrayal because of adultery or abandonment… and the list goes on.
All said, life is full of twists and turns, bumps and potholes. These surprises are rarely invited or welcomed guests in our living room, but we have to deal with them. Women will navigate through the various transitions with much more ease and grace if we seek empowerment in the face of change. What forms of empowerment do we need?
• Get educated. Learn everything you could learn about the situation you’re working with e.g. property laws in a divorce situation, retooling yourself when you return to the workplace after having been out of the workforce.
• Get formal training. If you can benefit from some formal training on a problem you’re trying to solve, by all means, do it.
• Get organized. Your life will be much more pleasant if you can counter the chaos by creating order in your environment. This will also enable you to think clearly and logically. At least you will be able to find things when you need them.
• Build your supportive community. Join support groups where you can glean the wisdom of others who have been farther along the way.
• Seek out your mentors. Who in your circles have some expertise in the area? Pick up the phone and invite that person for a cup of coffee.
Where in your life do you need empowerment? What are the best places to get such empowerment? What experiences can you share with the rest of us?
Please leave a comment and feel free to ask a question by clicking on the button “Ask Me A Question” in the sidebar.
All content on this website is copyrighted.